Roof Insulation Dublin
Home Improvements Dublin caters to all your roofing and attic insulation needs in Dublin. If you need to insulate your attic, give us a call now!
NEW CUSTOMER SPECIAL - UP TO 10% OFF
We offer new customers 10% off on all roofing repairs and up to €1000 OFF new roof installations or roof replacements. Contact us to claim your discount
REQUEST A QUOTE
For over 20 years, we've been providing professional, fast and reliable roofing installation, repair and replacement. Below are some of our recent testimonials.
Came home after a long weekend away to water coming through the bedroom ceiling. I called Terry first thing the next morning to take a look and he was out within the hour. Two hours later and he had patched up the chimney flashing. All done for a very reasonable price too. One very satisfied customer here. Don’t hesitate and call them
Great value, great service!! Fixed my roof on extremely short notice over the weekend. Will have them back to have some other work carried out in the new year.
I've been incredibly happy with Home improvements Dublin. They repaired my roof quickly and efficiently. The cost was reasonable but most important they came out and fixed it the same day which was fantastic as it really got that weight off my mind. Highly recommended.
Attic Insulation Prices Ireland
One of the most important parts of a house to have effective insulation is the attic. Almost every house in Ireland has an attic although it might not necessarily be part of the home’s livable area still, it’s the cheapest insulation method with the greatest impact on your home.
Some homeowners go the extra mile to convert their attics into extra storage space or living space (something similar to a home office). This is less common and doing so requires extensive renovations.
You may be wondering what area of a house is referred to as an attic. An attic is the space above the ceiling of a home’s top but below the roof, usually a space full of insulation, electrical wiring and HVAC.
Most attics in Ireland are open spaces and when observed from outside, they match the shape of the roof. The exposed frame of a home is the most prominent feature of many attics.
When an attic is not properly maintained, many problems can occur as regards water damage and ice buildup. The attic must be properly insulated from the main part of a house, whether you chose to leave your attic empty or you are planning to convert it into an additional living space, insulation is key.
Many homeowners are willing to insulate their attic but are obviously stuck with not knowing how much it would cost them.
Attic insulation prices vary from place to place as several factors play pivotal roles to influence the prices, likely to either increase or reduce the costs associated with it. The determinant factors that can influence the prices of attic insulation are:
- Type of Insulation: The type of material you choose to use will determine the cost or the price of insulating your attic. Insulating materials include spray foam, fibreglass, rigid foam boards, cellulose and mineral wool. All these materials have different prices and loose fill insulation is more expensive than attic roll insulation. Due to the time required to properly fill small attic spaces, labour with loose-fill is usually higher.
- The purpose your attic is serving: If you are insulating your attic to prevent heat loss then it will be way cheaper than when you convert it into a living area. If you are converting your attic into a living space then you will be required to put an insulated board on top of the rafters and also insulate between the rafters while if it’s just to prevent heat from escaping, all that is needed to be done is to lay insulation on the floor.
- Your location: The distance of your property from where the contractors are coming from can influence the price of insulating your attic. If the contractors have to travel a long distance to get to your home then the time factor and the logistics might attract an additional cost.
- Attic shape and accessibility: If accessing your attic itself becomes a piece of work, it will require extra time and labour costs will have to increase compared to when there is ease of access. Square shaped attics are not usually difficult to work with during installation but when an attic is oddly shaped, insulation installation becomes too complicated thereby making the overall cost of the job more expensive.
- The energy performance required: Basically, B2 is now the minimum level of BER. Additional insulation material would be needed if you demand for a higher BER and this will alter the price of insulation in the long run.
- The labour costs: If contractors have to remove older insulation and dispose of them, if there are any water pipes to lag or if there are any cables to move then property owners should expect higher costs. As a matter of fact, the fewer the work to be done, the quicker the job and the lesser the labour costs.
Cost can add up when installing but attic insulation is a sensible and effective way to save money on heating bills.
Winter months from December to February are quite cold in Dublin. Although temperatures are not so low during this period yet, wind and humidity significantly increase the sensation of cold. During the short summer months, hot days are rare and it is quite rare for the sky to be completely clear from dawn to dusk. During the brief summer months, the capital city of Ireland is usually wet, cool and cloudy with frequent rains.
Most homeowners have become savvy in regulating the temperature throughout the changing seasons by providing a barrier between the cold outdoors and the heat inside hence, preventing heat escape through the roof. Roof insulation has become one of the most practical ways to save money on heating bills in recent times.
Roof Insulation Services
Without a doubt there are several ways to prevent the heat from escaping your home; however, the most cost-effective way to achieve this is by insulating your roof. Through insulation, your home gets cooler during the hot summer months and heat is retained in the winter. Did you know that if you don’t have an energy-efficient roof, half of the energy you use to regulate the temperature of your home can be lost? Now that you know, don’t you think that you should switch to the smarter way?
Over the years, Home Improvements Dublin has been helping homeowners through professional insulation services to achieve a home that is more energy-efficient. We are experienced and professional insulation contractors you can trust for high-quality insulation and we meet the needs of both domestic and commercial clients in Dublin.
Right from time, we understood that insulation is the key to having a warm, comfortable and cosy home where everyone can find solace from the outdoor weather conditions. In addition to that, good insulation traps warm air inside your home, reducing heat loss significantly and by effect keeping your home warmer.
Our team of experts are committed to providing a hassle-free insulation process with zero disruption to your business or home as possible. We offer affordable and customized solutions coupled with top-notch quality to each of our clients. We make sure that their energy cost is saved as intended after installation.
Be free to approach us today for a free quote as we’ll love to help you save up to 30% on your energy bills.
Can you over-insulate your attic?
It is possible that you over-insulate your attic if you use more insulation than required. Insulation in a vented attic will do more harm than good and adding more insulation can lead to diminishing returns as regards trapping heat.
So, yes! You can over-insulate your attic especially when you are not properly informed and yet you choose to do the installation all by yourself. This does not offer a significant advantage but rather causes moisture buildup, mould growth and eventually affects how your attic ventilates. However, climate and the region of where you live, how energy efficient you want your home to be and the size of your attic will determine the right amount.
Considering the reduced HVAC bills and lower carbon footprint, you will agree that insulating your attic is a worthwhile endeavour. Are you curious about whether your attic is over-insulated? Schedule an inspection on your attic with Home Improvements Dublin. Leave the job to the pro!